Handheld Massage Guns: A Buying Guide
Before spending your hard-earned money on a massage gun, you should first know what to look for and the benefits of owning one. To help you out, here's everything you should know about handheld massage guns.
What are the benefits of a handheld massage gun
Pain is inevitable - no matter what you're doing. You can get it by exercising, sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, running, lifting weights, working out or even running errands. Now, one of the most reliable ways to reduce pain is through massage. The problem, however, is that regular massages can be too expensive. This is where a handheld massage gun comes in handy.
A massage gun has a powerful motor and the ability to penetrate deep into muscle tissue, something that most typical vibrating massagers do not have. As a result, it's better at providing deep muscle massage, which helps relieve pain, release stress and tension, enhance muscle recovery, and even improve your range of motion. It's also a great device to help you relax, especially when you're feeling exhausted.
These handheld devices can also increase blood flow to sore areas, flushing out metabolites like calcium and lactic acid that can cause muscle contraction and pain after a workout. That said, using a massage gun can help your sore muscles recover more quickly.
Another benefit of using a massage gun is that you are in charge. You can target sore areas, self-massage, and apply the exact pressure you need and adjust it as needed.
There you have it. Now that you know more about handheld massage guns, you'll know how to better differentiate between such devices. All that remains is to find the right massage gun for you.
What to look for when buying a handheld massage gun
● Portability: The weight of massage guns varies greatly. Some are lighter and smaller, while others tend to be heavier. However, if you plan to take your massage gun with you to the gym, office, or when you travel, then you may want to look for a lighter option.
● Power and speed: Today's handheld massage guns offer a variety of speed and power settings. These are important features to look for because not all muscle groups can handle the same amount of pressure. For example, you will need to use lower settings in more sensitive areas, including the calves and hamstrings.
● Noise: Some massage guns are too noisy and uncomfortable to use. Therefore, be sure to read the product specifications and customer reviews to avoid excessive massage gun sound.
● Amplitude: The amplitude of the massager is the distance covered by the head of the device as it moves back and forth. The higher the number, the more impact you get and the deeper the action of the massage gun.
● Multiple Removable Heads: If you're buying a handheld massage gun, make sure you look for something with multiple removable heads. This provides you with the versatility and precision you need to target specific areas of the body.
Easy to use: It's important to look for a massage gun that is easy to use. While flashy screens and smart features may look fancy, they can be difficult to understand.
● Ergonomics: You want a massage gun that allows you to get to the area you want to massage without twisting and contorting your body. You also want something that is easy to hold and control.